The B-Styles Curvy Girl of the Day: “R & B Singer Gina Rose”
Below story is via an article I wrote for http://www.skorchmagazine.com:
GINA ROSE is one of the fastest growing entertainment entities in the Washington Metropolitan area and beyond. Classically trained, she charms audiences with a distinctive, soulful voice and a performance that ranges from R&B, Hip-Hop/Soul with the subtle inclusion of a little Neo-Soul. She has performed on the National Television show ‘Showtime At The Apollo’, won two DMV Entertainment & Music Awards for ‘Best Female R&B Artist’, and has shared the stage with and opened for National Recording artists such as Total, Avant, and Marsha Ambrosius. She has performed up and down the east coast and at major events around the D.C. Metro area including: The National Council of Negro Women’s National Black Family Reunion, The National Black College Expo, and Marvin Gaye Festival, to name a few. Her song “Dark 2 Light” is featured in the independent film ‘Misunderstandings’ for Washington, D.C. based Ideal PR Films, alongside National Artists including Chico DeBarge, and Teedra Moses. Aside from being a vocalist, Gina Rose is a songwriter, vocal producer, and the owner of her own publishing company, DAS1 Music Publishing. Always acknowledging that her talent is God-given, she cites her influences as the ‘Divas of R&B Soul’: Chaka Khan, Whitney Houston, Patti Labelle, and Teena Marie. Gina Rose takes from the best and gives her fans nothing less.
Gina’s Top Ten Things:
1) Store to shop– Torrid: I love their trendy clothes. It gives Plus-Size women the option to wear alternative styles of clothing in all kinds of bold colors and patterns.
2) Plus-size model- Mia Tyler: I really love the funky edge that she always seems to bring out in her photos and on the runway.
3) Favorite restaurant– P.F. Changs: They have some of the best oriental cuisine I’ve ever tasted!
4) City to travel– New York City: There is always life and a crazy energy in NYC that you can’t get anywhere else. Being there makes you feel like you can do anything in the world!
5) Color– Blue: I love all shades of blue-maybe it’s because I’m an Aquarius. I must be drawn to my water sign color!
6) Car– BMW: Right now I am loving the new BMW Alpina B7. It is hot! It’s a nice size and gives a sporty look without looking ‘too sporty’. I can see myself cruising in one of those for sure!
7) Hairstyle– ‘Big Hair’: I love big hairstyles-Curly, wavy, or semi-straight with a hot swoop. ‘Big Hair’ just reads DIVA from a mile away in my book.
8) Fall trend-Leggings: It might sound like an old trend, but I say Leggings are a crucial necessity in my wardrobe. I can pair them up with just about anything-I can dress them up or be casual in them and still feel sexy and stylish.
9) Blogsite- http://www.bellastyles.wordpress.com: I really love the way Bella Styles gives the world all the latest trends, do’s & don’ts, and tips in fashion. It’s especially great to get a different perspective on what can enhance a Full-Figured Woman’s appearance from a professional stylist!
10) Music: Gina Rose- I take pride in loving my original works of R&B/Soul. There is no greater gift than being able to express myself through music and touch others in the process!
-Interview and Styling by Bella Styles
Photographer: Derek Lewis of Inkspots Dzigns: www.isdpix.com